Test Prep – SAT/ACT
Please call to discuss the best options for YOUR child.
Do you know schools accept both tests, but kids usually excel at one far more than the other?
We perform assessments as part of our packages and work with you to determine which is the best test for YOUR child.
5 of the MANY reasons you want the Student Den to work with you child:
- With our assessment we truly analyze strengths and weaknesses, tailoring a plan to focus on your child’s specific needs.
- We work with kids on their mindset related directly to taking the test, and then work with them to allow them to BELIEVE that the hard work they have done will transfer to better results on the test.
- We don’t wait on ‘mock’ tests to see a student’s progress. We begin re-scoring two and three weeks after the assessment and continuously until test date. If a student is seeing increased test scores in practice, it will translate to better practice habits that, in turn, lead to better scoring.
- We CARE. Junior year is the most difficult in high school. We look at the student, his/her life, what is going on in the life of the family and then put together test dates based on looking at the student and the family as a whole.
- We don’t just focus on concepts. We also teach strategies on “How” to take the test in order to maximize scores.
We are proud to say that with all the children we have worked with, viewing each as an individual, we have had success after success after success. It’s really just that simple. Come in and meet with us and we will show you.
SAT, ACT, FCAT, PSAT
It’s hard to talk about standardized testing without acknowledging there are many points of view on standardized testing and its capability to properly evaluate students in a fair, open, valid and educationally beneficial way. BUT, the fact is, although a growing number of colleges are using a multitude of ways to assess strengths and aptitude, right now standardized testing is what we have to contend with. So, we at the Student Den want to work with you and your family for the best possible results.
Junior and Senior years are a busy and extremely important time in the college admissions process. This is the time to get the SAT and ACT scores you need to get into the college of your choice.
Your Senior year is when you have to narrow down your college options to the handful of schools to which you’ll apply, and to ensure you are on the right path to get the applications completed while meeting application deadlines.