Homework can be a chore — and when it comes to certain subjects like algebra or geometry parents can be at a complete loss on how to help. Not to mention, doing homework with your child can set up a challenging dynamic that doesn’t lean so much on the bonding side, but more on the extreme side of a conflict. Talk about stress – for you both – and usually, after you’ve both already had a long day.
BTW – Worried you’re that one parent that can’t help? Not to worry – Grade five is actually where we see most parents trail off on being able to assist their children due to so many new teaching methods.
We are here to help! With our tutors and Empowermates, your child will get the specific and personalized help they need – whether on a single sticky area or for ongoing support.
We don’t feed students the answers to homework questions.
Instead, we show them how to learn.
Many of our Empowermates have even had the same teachers as your child, so they understand that teachers expectations and specific requirements – which can be a big help.
Some of what we do —
- Sort through the kids backpacks with them and help them organize themselves – and their school homework agendas
- We spend time on their planners to make sure all homework is written and complete – giving them tips to make them better where applicable
- Teach them how to not wait until the last minute to prepare for tests, but how to pick away on studying the few days, or a couple of weeks, before big tests
- Teach them how to make flash cards that work — and use them!!!
- Check Edline, SIS Gateway, or whichever online appropriator site for work and grade status
- Create NEW HABITS for studying. We have a slew of supportive tools to offer depending on their grade level and learning style.
- Peer-to-peer relationships are developed and younger students have Empowermates who can be powerful, supportive role models
- We send an email to parents after weekly sessions to keep them abreast of their child’s accomplishments and let them know where they can gently support their kids’ progress
- We encourage kids to share their successes with us, where we are fully supportive and encouraging – and completely excited for them
Give us a call and try us for a session or two. You’ll be so glad you did: fostering confidence in your child and removing the conflict between you – and most importantly, eliminating the poor grades. Win-Win-Win!
Don’t forget that we also offer stellar College Navigation assistance and SAT/ACT courses for individuals or groups – as well as complete Homeschooling help!